WA2UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not many fish where I live, but anyhow...

4 posters

Go down

Not many fish where I live, but anyhow... Empty Not many fish where I live, but anyhow...

Post by mistral Fri May 21, 2010 5:10 pm

There was a time when I went fishing every chance I got, took the kids from babies onwards - very hard trying to bait a toddler's hook while keeping it out of reach from baby in a pouch!! - finally I gave in to hubby-pressure and stopped subjecting myself to hooks in weird places until they grew a bit (babies not hooks) ... and then we moved to the desert ...

I took the kids fishing last year - the locals were a bit stunned and wanted to know how we could catch fish in the river that is "dry", making a few wisecracks along the way about catching shrivelled fish - but we had fun, even if it was bait sized.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We had some rain ...

After the flow died down a bit

We found one! (Look at that happy smile!)

... and the cat found it interesting too.

mistral
mistral
Krill
Krill

Back to top Go down

Not many fish where I live, but anyhow... Empty Re: Not many fish where I live, but anyhow...

Post by Dick Fri May 21, 2010 5:18 pm

Those spotted perch can just about live anywhere. The tus fish of the desert,

btw yes the Wyndham ramp moves up and down with ther tide [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dick
King Prawn
King Prawn

Back to top Go down

Not many fish where I live, but anyhow... Empty Re: Not many fish where I live, but anyhow...

Post by lez Fri May 21, 2010 6:32 pm

Great stuff and good on ya for getting them into it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] My favourite memories are as a kid catching little brim in a creek that you could jump over.

...and when it comes to fishing stories size does NOT matter and as we all know a fish is a bonus [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lez
lez
Crayfish
Crayfish

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Osprey-Outdoors__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mugs Fri May 21, 2010 6:41 pm

I was just going to say that, size doesn't matter [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but then (before someone else says it) where I fish that would be a specimen [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mugs
Mugs
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down