WA2UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Salesman

3 posters

Go down

The Salesman Empty The Salesman

Post by mistral Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:33 pm

A young lad moved to London and went to Harrods looking for a job.

The manager asked "Do you have any sales experience?" and the young man replied "Yeah, I was a salesman back home." The manager liked the boy so he gave him the job.

His first day on the job was challenging and busy, but he got throught it. After the store was locked up, the manager came down and asked " OK, so how many sales did you make today?"

The boy answered "One."

The manager groaned and continued "Just one? Our sales people average 20 or 30 sales a day. How much was the sale for?"

"$101 237.64" the boy replied.

The manager choked and exclaimed "$101 237.64? What on earth did you sell him?"

"Well, first I sold him a small fish hook, then a medium fish hook, and then I sold him a new fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down at the coast, so I told him he would need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and i sold him that twin-engined Power Cat. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to car sales and I sold him the 4x4 Suzuki".

The manager, incredulous, said "You mean to tell me ... a guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat and 4x4?"

"No no no ..................... he came in to buy some boxes of panadol for his wife and kids
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and I said ....... 'Well, since your weekend's boring, you might as well go fishing.'"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mistral
mistral
Krill
Krill

Back to top Go down

The Salesman Empty Re: The Salesman

Post by Mugs Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:58 am

when I first heard that it started with a packet of grass seed, moved on through rake roller and lawnmower, sadly the trainee salesman only earned Harrods £500 .. once again those bloody aussies beat us [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mugs
Mugs
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by lez Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:42 pm

The version I know was about the new employee at an outback 'sell everything' shop. The boss explains to the new kid that customers out here in the never never are few and far between so you have to get as much out of them as possible. They are all rich cockies so they've got plenty.

Old owner says just watch me with the next customer son and you'll see how it's down. Next customer comes in and asks for a packet of grass seeds and the old boy goes into his normal routine and sells the bloke everything, fertilizer, hoses, lawnmower right down to lawn furniture BEFORE the grass is even grown.

The kid is stunned and full of admiration for the old boys sales pitch. The owner says "there you go mate". "I'm going to do some paperwork, next customer is yours, get into him"

An hour or so later the next customer sidles in quietly and goes up to the counter and whispers "Can I have a packet of Meds please" Young guy says "Certainly sir"
He puts them on the counter and then says "Now what you need sir is a LAWNMOWER"
"A Lawnmower says the customer, why the hell do I need a lawnmower for"
The kid says "Well theres your weekend up the spout you may as well mow the fu$%ing lawn"
lez
lez
Crayfish
Crayfish

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Osprey-Outdoors__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum