WA2UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My wheelbarrow has germs on its antenna

5 posters

Go down

My wheelbarrow has germs on its antenna Empty My wheelbarrow has germs on its antenna

Post by Dick Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:15 pm

A very recent trip, fishing was low on the priorty list but we did get a quick one in at lunch time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Fresh meets the salt

Note the veg change on the flat top where fire is a rarity

Little Yozui articulated fish thingie did the deed

Dick
King Prawn
King Prawn

Back to top Go down

My wheelbarrow has germs on its antenna Empty Re: My wheelbarrow has germs on its antenna

Post by Mugs Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:14 pm

love your work Dick cheers
Mugs
Mugs
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

My wheelbarrow has germs on its antenna Empty Re: My wheelbarrow has germs on its antenna

Post by SK Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:33 pm

Top stuff Dick. Jealous again alien

Pic 6?? The river/channel meandering off across the floodplain? Is that a part of the Cambridge Gulf at the foot of the range in the background?

I love that country [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SK
SK
Krill
Krill

Back to top Go down

Post by Dick Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:06 pm

Yep that's right SK Cool

Dick
King Prawn
King Prawn

Back to top Go down

Post by lez Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:04 am

Yep picture 6. I hate picking a favourite out of all of those brilliant shots but that one is special.

Thanks again Dick. Y'oughta be in pictures
lez
lez
Crayfish
Crayfish

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Osprey-Outdoors__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dick Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:27 pm

lez wrote:Yep picture 6. I hate picking a favourite out of all of those brilliant shots but that one is special.

Reduced the size so it's mostly all in the borders

Dick
King Prawn
King Prawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dick Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:31 pm

From Saturday

No fish on this trip, as we rained death on weeds down from above. Scared a heap of crocs as we slid low over the top of the water though. This one got a move on. Too shallow to dive so had to hightail it on top.

How quick to crocs swim??? Don't know what the books say but we caught one of 3 to 4 metres on a sand bar on the river once in the dinghy, it couldn't get to deep water because we were just on the edge heading it off. The beast had a pressure wave coming off its head a good half metre of unbroken water. We kept pace until it found a deeper spot. We were travelling at somewhere between 35 and 40kph.

Most of the crocs (and there were plenty) were down at interface between the saltwater and the fresh. At this time of the year big barra try to cross the gap on the top of the spring tides on the way to the river delta to breed. The water is only shin deep so the crocs line up for a feed as the barra run the gauntlet, we were there on the low tide. Funny how that seasonal trigger effects barra regardless of their location, fresh or salt, river or dam [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Never know what you will come across out bush, this never made it back from the mud flats in the background. There's an old HJ47 out there somewhere too.

Job done by 11.00am so the chopper heads back, towards the building storm, It dodged that one and got to town just ahead of one behind it. I copped the one in the pic half way home. Rivers were all down so no delays.

BTW a bit of tar is starting to sneak along the Gibb River Rd. This small bit is just on the top of the jump up out of the Pentecost River.

Dick
King Prawn
King Prawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mugs Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:56 pm

words fail me to be honest.
Mugs
Mugs
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Dick Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:07 pm

Mugs wrote:words fail me to be honest.

I'll sell you an alphabet cheap Very Happy

Dick
King Prawn
King Prawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Chook Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:50 am

stunning!!
Chook
Chook
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum