WA2UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hello

5 posters

Go down

hello Empty hello

Post by Mugs Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:49 pm

hows things then ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mugs
Mugs
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

hello Empty Re: hello

Post by Rainbow Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:16 pm

Mugs wrote:hows things then ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Neutral Cleaned up the yard this morning, ready for a big blow and a shite load of rain courtesy of TC Dianne, this weekend, took a load of rubbish to the tip... Russ slipped off the step on the side of the truck and tore a ligament in his ankle...

Only made better by arriving home from the hospital to see Dianne has taken a turn (for the better) and all alerts have been cancelled...

But still going to be washed away with a flood... yes another flood... so far predicted to be not as bad as Dec flood (7.8m) with an estimation of 7metres expected tomorrow...
But with rain still falling in the catchment, and TC Dianne still promising us a lot of wet stuff, the town is very much on edge... Shocked

We have re stocked the pantry, cleaned and cleared the yard, filled the car with fuel, purchased a gnerator, filled every jerry can we own, filled all water bottles and available water holding receptacle, and now think we are ready...

Bring it on Twisted Evil

Also this week, a stray dog entered our yard during the night and took my young Muscovy who was sitting on 15 eggs... with all the rain we have had lately, the pen door has swelled up so it wont close properly and she was literally "a sitting duck"... not happy jan...

We have also had to make a troublesome and devestating decision to put down the old Blue Heeler... over the last 6-12 months he has become increasingly stubborn, defiant and along with that agressive... he is already responsible for the death of my cat last year. He has been kept inside lately due to an injury he had, but has refused to go outside when told, has bared his teeth and snapped when we try to force him out, and then the other night he tried to kill the other cat... we are feeling like we just can't trust him any more and if he is that willing to kill the cat, and growl and bite us... who is to say it wont be one of the kids next... we just cant take the risk Sad

Tonight I went down to the bottle shop to buy a carton of beer... reckon we deserve it... got it home and it was blood warm... fuck I hate buying a carton from the fridge and getting it home to find it warm... pisses me off no end Mad

Otherwise... things are just swell Smile

Bet you are glad you asked now aren' you Razz

sunny
Rainbow
Rainbow
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Holloway Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Do they charge extra for cold beer Tammy
TH
Anthony Holloway
Anthony Holloway
King Prawn
King Prawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mugs Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:43 pm

I am pleased Tam, yes Smile

so, generator ? what's up with the solar panels ?

sad about the dog, but hey ho, they only ever bare their teeth at me the once, you made the right decision I'm sure.

good luck with Dianne.
Mugs
Mugs
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:08 pm

Mugs wrote:

so, generator ? what's up with the solar panels ?

good luck with Dianne.

... Turns out... because we have installed a "grid connect" system... we can only 'avail' ourselves with power whilst connected to THE GRID.

ie; if "THE GRID" fails, all the power that our solar panels generate... is wasted....
And we still have no power to our household... aparently 'The Grid' controls all...

Something that is not disclosed when setting up grid connect systems...

We need to set up an independant battery bank, PLUS grid connect (or something like that) to make it so that we can operate independantly...

We live, and we learn...

We will upgrade one day... probably via the proceeds of the power bills (payment cheques) from Horizon Power we should receive over the next few years Smile
Rainbow
Rainbow
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by gregster Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:44 pm

I know the feeling about the dog Tam. Went through it with Ozzie last year. Not a nice decision to make and devastated us for ages. We still miss him now, and I look where his water bowl used to be every night before bed to see if he needs more!!! hello 455192 Like you say though, it could have been one of the kids and we'd never forgiven ourselves if he had bitten one of them.
Fingers crossed the rain and water behave themselves and you're not badly affected.
gregster
gregster
King Prawn
King Prawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Chook Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:50 am

On the account Ol' Bluey almost did in 2 moggies....I would have probably kept him and changed his diet to chicken & champagne Twisted Evil

Hope youre back on ya feet Russ.
Chook
Chook
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum