WA2UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan

+3
Chook
Mugs
lez
7 posters

Go down

Japan Empty Japan

Post by lez Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Devastating footage from Japan that gives us a birds eye view of the power of a very high tide.

The attempts by those in authority both in Japan and around the world to play down the danger of the nuclear plants going into meltdown is TRULY criminal.

The ridiculous sight of people attempting to protect themselves from nuclear fallout by wearing white overalls and a face mask is both pathetic and FUTILE!!!!!!!!

Once again we see government approved nuclear powerplants operating with NO way to protect the people should something bad.....like, Oh I don't know....a Tsunami happening or maybe an earthquake or perhaps like Three Mile Island when some fuckwit pushed the wrong button.

Still they are trying to cool the rods with vast quantities of sea water that turns into steam and is vented.....where?....Oh yes, the sky. Any excess water will of course be returned from whence it came, The sea.

Only one good thing may come of all us....Nuclear power and it's lobby will be put back another 50 years.

p.s. Lets not count this Tsunami death toll just yet...The WORST is yet to come

Lez
lez
lez
Crayfish
Crayfish

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Osprey-Outdoors__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Back to top Go down

Japan Empty Re: Japan

Post by Mugs Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:34 pm

so lets carry on using fossil fuels to produce electricity then.
Mugs
Mugs
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Chook Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:22 pm

Well Lez, the ''big wave'' has accounted for 18,000 or more, so the nuclear bit certainly has a bit of work to do in reaching that number Sad

The real issue is what do you want to do, long term, in order to run/support the ever power hungry world in which we live. Question

......and before everyone beats away on the keyboards, green energy just wont cut it.

On my UK trip last year this was demonstrated to me loud and clear. Wind farms in the UK are having a massive backlash within the communities...and why??.....the noise!! The massive fans emit an endless wif,wif,wif noise that is actually driving people mad....probably a bit like my fukn tinitus!! Theres actually signs on freeways speeking out AGAINTS wind farming.

So, then we went to Hollow Mountain in Scotland. They use a hydro scheme that can fully power the city in 2 mins!! Shocked ...2mins!!!!....problem is they have to pump the water back up the mountain in order to recharge the lake. That in its self costs a small fortune.

At the end of the tour the guide admitted, about 80% of clean green Scotland in nuclear powered.

Me, I've got a shit load of uranium shares, and a supply of lead undies just in case What a Face
Chook
Chook
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldy Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:18 pm

I'm concerned ..........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

concerned my Uranium shares have dropped 50% ....
Baldy
Baldy
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by lez Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:22 am

I suppose the easiest way to deal with any of this is by simply either ignoring the tell tale signs or poo-pooing any one of the scientists who have a differing view to the conservative viewpoint.

Of course there's also the issue of selfishness and simply leaving it to future generations to worry about....about 130,000 years of future generations...

Lez
lez
lez
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by lez Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:27 am

Well Lez, the ''big wave'' has accounted for 18,000 or more, so the nuclear bit certainly has a bit of work to do in reaching that number

Give it time Chooky, give it time. Before you shuffle off (and I hope that's not for a bloody long time yet) with arms full of yellowcake, we'll be hearing a lot more about this when the "wave" has long been forgotten.

Lez
lez
lez
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Chook Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:28 pm

lez wrote:
Well Lez, the ''big wave'' has accounted for 18,000 or more, so the nuclear bit certainly has a bit of work to do in reaching that number

Give it time Chooky, give it time. Before you shuffle off (and I hope that's not for a bloody long time yet) with arms full of yellowcake, we'll be hearing a lot more about this when the "wave" has long been forgotten.

Lez

Oh, no question Lez....and that debate MUST take place, and I welcome it. Sooner the better.

The fact remains, we must have energy and i cant see a long term solution within our kids life times...and thats about the timeframe we are looking at. Its the classic, ''theres an elephant in the room but nobody can see it....!'' Rolling Eyes

If you googled all the nuclear reactors in the world today [and that figure who astound you] and looked at the over all problems thats been associated with them, it kind of brings everything back into perspective....even more so when you extrapitate the damage, say over 150yrs, of oil and coal.

Dont get me wrong, I want clean energy. I see Aust as a worldwide key player in that objective....but it wont happen when a govt chooses to ignore the elephant. No
Chook
Chook
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldy Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:33 pm

what Chooky wrote Very Happy
Baldy
Baldy
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Holloway Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:22 pm

Some still remember Changi and the burma railway.
couldn't have happened to a nicer country.
TH
Anthony Holloway
Anthony Holloway
King Prawn
King Prawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldy Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:54 am

you could be saying what a lot of people think ....... but would you be man enough to say that to the parents of the 77 school children swept away as they stood outside their school

You may as well have said .....

"Your kids are all dead and i am happy they are because of what their great grandparents did .66 years ago " .......... what a fukwit statement blowing out your ass .......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and i know your not halliday .... & your comment still stinks ...... compassionless bastard ........
Baldy
Baldy
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:27 am

Same initials as a mid west farmer Baldy and the same keyboard attitude.

I am over any of this persons comments on any web site -- real name or not.

Magoo
King Prawn
King Prawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldy Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:56 am

I heard this the other day .......

Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.

Respect & Compassion are two characteristics that i try and live my life by, ..... ignoring fukwit comments ... well i've yet to get a handle on that .....
Baldy
Baldy
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Dick Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:53 am

Reported but quashed -

Children have been seen entering the area around the power stations carrying with them small animals such as lizards and frogs. They're exposing them to the radioactive water etc and subsequently the animals are mutating into Pokemons. Organised battles are starting to occur in the towns close to the stations and a major Japanese/American media cartel is negotiating for the rights to televise them
"Gary Gary he's our man if he can't do it no one can!"

God-zla and mothra were seen fighting over the remains of a destroyed town in northern Hokkaido.

All true.

Dick
King Prawn
King Prawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldy Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:10 am

Two of the Lizard mutated Pokemons were intervied on Today Tonight also made the main page on the West ........ definately true
Baldy
Baldy
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum