WA2UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a drill-like attachment

+3
Rainbow
lez
Dick
7 posters

Go down

a drill-like attachment Empty a drill-like attachment

Post by Dick Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:55 am

Mugs
Administrator

Just like dogs, just more carefully as in the joke takes as long too, they appear to tie.
Theres a bloody useless bit of information ehh, I bet Echidnas do the same.
Mugs, a mine of

04-01-04, 10:16 PM #2

lez
Ferkin Big Mouth Know it All

Sorry mate but you're wrong about echidnas. Being monotremes the female actually lays her eggs in a hollow in the ground and leaves them there for ages sometimes, until a male comes ambling along, sees the egg and says "" oy oy theres a female echidna egg, I'll just fertilize that". He does so and then kicks the egg into a handy stream or river where it floats downstream to a nice little sandy beach where the warmth helps hatch the egg...Voila!!!! Little Echidnas

Lez...the zoologist

04-01-04, 10:43 PM #3

Mugs
Administrator

04-01-04, 11:09 PM #4

lez

Yep, all the truth. The eggs are not eaten or attacked by predators because the shells are as hard as steel. They are also about half an inch thick, which is'nt bad considering the egg itself is around 12 inches in circumference.

The other amazing fact is the male echidna to enable him to fertilize these eggs has a penis around 12 inches long with a drill-like attachment at it's end which helps him penetrate the egg. He rotates his hips to provide a drilling action and after much hard work he breaches the egg to place his deposit. He then seals the small hole with saliva. Ain't it wonderful how nature works!!!!!!!

Lez

04-01-04, 11:17 PM #5

Mugs
Administrator

04-01-04, 11:39 PM #6

lez

Yes as a matter of fact there is a real reason for this extreme method of procreation. You are no doubt aware that the echidnas closest relative is in fact the Platypus, both are egg-laying mammals...monotremes..and it appears that in days gone by there was some confusion between the platypus and the echidnas as to just whose eggs were whose.

Also Platypuses {plural} were stealing echidna eggs, because platypus are a thieving lot, of course this did them no good at all, because when they took the echidna eggs up to their nest in a gum tree they would end up hatching out a spiny little echidna which was playing hell with their rude bits.

To counter this the male platypus, who of course is a great deal more intelligent than the female, would check out any and all eggs bought up to the nest by the female and if they were in anyway suspect he would turf them out of the nest in the tree. Being a gum tree which are fairly tall the eggs would have to be very strong to survive the fall from the platypus nest.

At the bottom of the tree they would lay until a male echidna came along and hey presto!!!!! the whole circle starts again......

Lez

04-01-04, 11:45 PM #7

Mugs
Administrator

04-01-04, 11:58 PM #8

lez

Some platypus have a tunnel near the water mate, usually ones who are toffs, somewhat like human canal dwellers around here....remember the canal homes here. Of course these tunnels are regarded by the platypus as no more than holiday homes, their real nest is up a handy tree, the taller the better, because they are bloody good climbers too.

Platypus are everywhere in Australia. I have a couple who have moved in to the geese pool in the backyard. The geese don't seem to have a problem with it, no doubt because the platypus have bills, I think the geese assume they are long- lost cousins or something.

Lez

05-01-04, 12:17 AM #9

Mugs
Administrator

Originally posted by lez@Jan 4 2004, 03:58 PM

Platypus are everywhere in Australia. I have a couple who have moved in to the geese pool in the backyard. The geese don't seem to have a problem with it, no doubt because the platypus have bills, I think the geese assume they are long- lost cousins or something.

Lez
NO no joshin ?
Dont tell me I'm being drawn in hook line and ?, how big are these things ? for many years I imagined our Kingfishers to be as big as an Owl, till I saw one at the age of 10.
I always thought of playpus to be as big as tidy sized cat, blimey them canals around MandUrah would be a handy place for them then.
Mugs

05-01-04, 12:46 AM #10

lez

It's wonderful you are so interested in our native fauna mate, but then, you always were weren't you. Most platypus get no bigger than around three feet or so and as such are no danger to humans. Lately however there are reports of mutations coming thru the species.

It is assumed that these mutants have been exposed to fertilizer run-off in the rivers and have reached enormous sizes, many have been seen over 6 feet in length. Of course at this size they are a definite danger to humans, in fact a large specimen was trapped in the local kiddies paddle pool at the MandUrah aquatic centre. The suggestion was that it was lying in wait for small children to have a paddle. If it had'nt been trapped the carnage could have been horrendous .
Not only are they thieves but they can be bloody vicious as well at that size.

Lez
05-01-04, 12:53 AM #11

Mugs
Administrator

well twice as is goes, irresponsibility that is

05-01-04, 01:06 PM #12

seadragon
Big Mouth Know it All

Odd you should mention Echidna's .........almost ran one over on the way to Jurien the other morning and just swerved quick enough to avoid it (it was dark)....have video'd a special on oz including some great footage of mountain devils.....oh an NZ as well which we are editing at the moment.

05-01-04, 01:14 PM #13

lez

And quick.....and spiky.....and love em'

Lez...who used to catch them as a kid

05-01-04, 07:13 PM #14

seadragon
Big Mouth Know it All

Mugs, an interesting article from a book YOU bought in Fitzroy Crossing.......so much for hard egg shells and as for tree climbing Platypuses 😁 he must have been one of dem people who originally believed that the creature was a con trick sewn together as a joke.

We have seen plenty (there are none wild in WA) attempts have been made to introduce them a century ago in the upper reaches of ther Avon but they all perished.............they seem to flourish in colder clearer waters of Victoria and NSW snow country

05-01-04, 08:55 PM #15

Mugs
Administrator

hook line sinker the lot

😊 😊 😊 😊 😊 😊 😊 😊 😊

06-01-04, 12:25 AM #16

lez

Lez

06-01-04, 03:42 AM #17

Mugs
Administrator

still to embarrassed to make comment

😊 😊 😊 😊 😊 😊 😊 😊 😊

06-01-04, 08:19 AM #18

lez

Lez

06-01-04, 08:28 AM #19

Mugs
Administrator

Originally posted by lez@Jan 6 2004, 12:19 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're just trying to make me feel good. I'm not fooled you know.

Lez
IF ONLY THAT WERE THE CASE

I am genuinely embarrassed, my illiterate tractor driver, lift a ton cant spell it, is going on about posh duckbills wearing bowler hats living in Larner road flats 😊 every time he passes me he laughs
Mugs

06-01-04, 11:20 AM #20

ianbc
Big Mouth Know it All

06-01-04, 12:53 PM #21

Lester

Well done Lez mate!! That was worth the years subscription to the internet alone!!

Sorry for not posting much since pre Christmas, I have been very busy doing very little. The wind gods (as has been commented on in many places on this site) have not been kind so I have been watching cricket, visiting tackle shops & generally been bone idle.

Now I am back at work & guess what? busier than a one armed brick layer in Beirut I find time to post!

Lester confused by life 🐟

06-01-04, 03:36 PM #22

Mugs
Administrator

Originally posted by Lester@Jan 6 2004, 04:53 AM
I have not laughed so much in years!! When I was reading Lez leading you on Mugs I had to keep stopping & wiping my eyes!!

Well done Lez mate!! That was worth the years subscription to the internet alone!!
Good to see you back Lester :thumb: tis the season to be jolly, even if it is at someone elses expense, what a pillock an absolute pillock still soo embarrassed 😊

something good comes out it though, took the heat off the EBAY pen fanatic :thumb:
Mugs

14-01-04, 08:36 PM #23

Mugs
Administrator

Mugs

14-01-04, 08:46 PM #24

skippyking

05-01-05, 02:59 PM #25

Mugs
Administrator

05-01-05, 03:13 PM #26

dave g
Mud Crab

D

05-01-05, 03:14 PM #27

Baldy
Ornithologists

That was brilliant.........this is why i like this site. :thumb:

Thanks Lez and what would we have to laugh about without HLS Mugs..... hyeah: hyeah: hyeah:

05-01-05, 04:07 PM #28

lez

The bugger STILL doesn't trust me

Lez...his finest and ONLY hour

05-01-05, 04:16 PM #29

Mugs
Administrator

Originally posted by lez@Jan 5 2005, 08:07 AM
Kee-rist has it been 12 months already???
like ya didn't know :nana: full marks though mate :thumb: ya arms must be aching by now coz the guard aint dropped since

05-01-05, 04:19 PM #30

lez

Lez

mrbean
Big Mouth Know it All

22-02-05, 08:05 PM #32

Lester

Lester in appreciation. 🐟

04-06-05, 11:25 PM #33

skippyking

Mugs

05-06-05, 09:01 AM #34

lez

Lez..Keeping his head down

24-09-05, 12:12 AM #35

Damo
Master Baiter

26-09-05, 01:42 AM #36

Trev
King Prawn

26-09-05, 08:53 PM #37

Mugs
Administrator

________________________________________:spar:

27-09-05, 08:06 AM #38

Mike P
King Prawn

That is SO funny

I will fit in here

Mike

27-09-05, 09:46 AM #39

lez

14-02-07, 08:10 PM #40

Lester

Over 2 years since the post!

Lester keeping the legend alive [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

AussieDave@Leeman.W.A.
Big Mouth Know it All

Regards Aussie Dave.

19-09-07, 10:30 AM #42

Gerry Brunini
lost

Bru

19-09-07, 11:52 AM #43

lez

19-09-07, 04:22 PM #44

Mugs
Administrator

19-09-07, 09:26 PM #45

AussieDave@Leeman.W.A.
Big Mouth Know it All

Regards Aussie Dave.

I just saved it & blew it up, two years it's taken & it was worth every minute, I'm pissin meself.

Thanks, every body.

20-09-07, 12:06 AM #46

mrbean
Big Mouth Know it All

Well AD it goes like this ,LIL Johnny says to his mate................i.m gettin a new pet next week,HIS MATE yeh what ,LIL Johnny a hedghog,his mate how do you know that,easy says LIL Johnny i heard mum say to dad last night if you put out sulo bin in the morning, i'll give ya a HEDGHOG [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mrbean

20-09-07, 08:37 PM #47

AussieDave@Leeman.W.A.
Big Mouth Know it All

I told a group of blokes the same joke this morning at smoko & got a few giggles but nothing like me last night, I just couldn't stop laughing.

I have a reputation for a sick, weird, strange sense of humour, I reckon it's quite healthy myself. But I still can't put my finger on what makes that cartoon SO FUNNY. Is it the same reason I nearly exploded my kidneys with "The Fox Soup" joke? A few years ago.

Regards Aussie Dave.

20-09-07, 08:52 PM #48

mrbean
Big Mouth Know it All

24-09-07, 10:57 AM #49

Chook
Ornithologists

Ahhh Leunigs ''Fox Soup'' cartoon.

I cried laughing every time i read it AD....the Mrs couldnt see what was funny [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Chook, that fox soup cartoon had 8 blokes on my shift at the mine bustin their spleens for seven days. We just kept taking it further & further. I printed it out & put it on the notice board & watched peoples reaction to it, amazing. One of our fitters is a real die hard shooter, got permits to shoot roos, pigs, buffalo, camels & any other varmit that lives here.

I folded a copy of it up & put it in one of his shooting magazines, that he always reads at lunch time, well, he nearly pissed himself. As he lives at the camp on his 7 days on, we sort of edged him on to fax a copy to the camp mess, which he did.

WE have not heard from the camp cook yet, but a few of our blokes were asked at dinner that night "how was the soup".[/b][/quote]

[attachmentid=3692]

NB: Fox Soup makes you very clever!

Dick
King Prawn
King Prawn

Back to top Go down

a drill-like attachment Empty Re: a drill-like attachment

Post by lez Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:15 am

Dick you mad impetuous fool...Are you feeling shivers down your spine. That's Mugs with his incantations and spells study reaching out across the oceans.

Of course I don't give a fishes doodle what happens to you but everytime this comes up it reminds him that he still hasn't reaped his vengence on me and I get a heap of 'bad feelings' Shocked
lez
lez
Crayfish
Crayfish

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Osprey-Outdoors__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:03 pm

Dick you mad impetuous fool...Are you feeling shivers down your spine. That's Mugs with his incantations and spells reaching out across the oceans.

Of course I don't give a fishes doodle what happens to you but everytime this comes up it reminds him that he still hasn't reaped his vengence on me and I get a heap of 'bad feelings'

Are you saying I should make it a "sticky" so it can never be lost at the bottom of the pile??

Twisted Evil
Rainbow
Rainbow
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Dick Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:31 pm

What a good idea lol!

Dick
King Prawn
King Prawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mugs Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:53 pm

ohh ... HA BLOODY HA

lol! lol! lol!
Mugs
Mugs
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldy Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:16 am

Get's funnier each time i read it

lol! lol! lol! Laughing
Baldy
Baldy
Crayfish
Crayfish

Back to top Go down

Post by poots Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:33 pm

This was good,very good.
Mugs? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

poots
Krill
Krill

Back to top Go down

Post by lester Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Aaaah yes, a true classic, still laughed when I re read it! a drill-like attachment 154550

a drill-like attachment 525380
lester
lester
Krill
Krill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum